Joe has nine years of experience in public accounting for regional Certified Public Accountant (CPA) firms all across the East Coast. During four of those years, Joe gained managerial experience overseeing financial statement audits and tax compliance of middle market companies. Having received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from West Virginia Wesleyan College, a Master of Professional Accounting degree from West Virginia University, and has become a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Virginia and West Virginia, it is clear Joe is ambitious about his career in accounting.
As Controller at Preston Contractors, some of Joe’s duties include:
- Maintaining and reviewing account and general ledger reporting to be in compliance with GAAP
- Analyzing financial data and unusual complex transactions
- Assisting with monthly and annual financial statement preparation and job costing
- Working with independent auditors in preparation of annual audited financial statements and tax returns
- Tax planning analysis throughout the year